Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Merry Christmas Spoon

It may be January now, but I haven't completely let go of the Christmas season, as evidenced by my ever-present snowman mug. Right now he is serving as the backdrop for this gorgeous spoon. Let's talk about that spoon. Just look at it! It was a gift from my aunt and uncle and cousins and came with a tag that said "The Merry Christmas Spoon: This spoon is one of a kind, handmade especially for you by our friend Dean Roberts of Turner, Maine. For Christmas 2010 we commissioned the creation of 10 spoons made from apple wood from Century Elm Farms. Happy Cooking with lots of love" Not only is the spoon itself a work of art, it is made with wood from the farm in Maine where I grew up, and given to my family by people that I love and adore. I absolutely love it! Maine Handmade at it's finest!


1 comment: