Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine Card

Today I have a Valentine card and tag duo to share with you. We still have a very wintry landscape outside, thanks to the buckets of snow that have been pummeling us lately, so the winter wreath seemed appropriate for a Valentine card.

I also wanted to make some very simple tags to go on Valentine treats that I have in mind (chocolate truffles anyone?). For the tags, I wanted something that would be very easy to make in numbers, and I don't know if it gets easier than using 3 punches and calling it good. (Tag supplies: Tag and heart punches, whisper white, perfect plum, and crumb cake cardstock all by Stampin' Up!)
The card is equally simple in design and I fancied it up a bit by dotting the wreath with some liquid pearls in White Opal and painting the heart with the sparkly champagne ink shown above. The stamps are from one of my favorite stamp companies, Memory Box. I purchased the stamps and liquid pearls at Ink About It and the cardstock, heart punch, and champagne ink from Stampin' Up! (Colors: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake, ink is Basic Brown also by Stampin' Up!)
Now to go check the spinach-artichoke dip and potato skins in progress for our Superbowl viewing pleasure. Hope you're having a fun and craft-filled day.
Happy Crafting!
Kate








No comments:

Post a Comment