Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sew Simple Heart



This little scrap of the paisley print from the Bliss collection seemed destined to become a heart. I already made it's sister scrap into a mug mat that lives near my favorite craft book collection and I decided that I have enough mug mats for now ("for now" being a relative term). So a heart was the fate of this scrap of my current favorite fabric. I love hearts anyway and with Valentine's Day creeping up on us it seemed appropriate.


Like with my heart magnets, I cut a heart shape out of paper, Kindergarten-style, traced it onto the fabric, and sewed. Not perfect but not too shabby either. I threaded some embroidery floss through the top because, well, frankly I just forgot to put in a hanging ribbon before sewing. Oops. Oh well, the thread works just as well. Now I have a festive little decoration in my craft studio. And because I generally like hearts and this one doesn't really scream "Valentine's Day", I will leave it up all the time.



Hope your Valentine projects are coming along well!



Happy Crafting!



Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment